Results will be available for collection from the Assembly Hall on:
Thursday 23rd August 2018 from 9.15am to 10.00am.
- Someone else can collect them if they have an authorisation letter.
- They may be asked to identify themselves
- Your results will be sealed so they can’t look at them
- They can be posted
- provided a stamped addressed envelope has been supplied to the Exams Manager beforehand
- it doesn’t need to be A4
- results will be posted on Results Day and not before.
- Any results NOT collected on Results Day will be available to collect from Reception when the school re-opens, after the summer holidays, at the beginning of September.
- No results will be given out by telephone under any circumstances.
Guidance Notes about results
On Results Day you will receive a “Candidate Statement of Results”
- This is NOT your certificate!
- The results shown on the statement are provisional until your certificates are issued.
- Results can be appealed but there is a cost for this. You will be given information with your results.
What do you do if your results are not what you wanted/needed?
- There are always plenty of staff available to talk through your results on Results Day.
- There will also be staff from Petroc, Exeter College and Connexions to help you.
- If you need to re-sit an exam you should speak to the Connexions staff or the College advisers in the first instance.
- November re-sits are ONLY available for English Language and Maths GCSE re-sits.
- We do not enter former pupils for re-sits in November as a matter of course. These should really be taken at your College but if there are exceptional reasons for needing to take them here then we would want to support you. You will be charged the Exam Board entry fee (normally about £35) PLUS the costs of invigilating the exam (normally between £30 and £60 depending on how many students are re-sitting).
Reviews of marking and moderation (RoMMs)
If you feel strongly that you want to make an enquiry about a result then talk to your subject teacher first if you can.
- You need to be close to the upper grade boundary
- Your mark could go down just as easily as it could go up and you must be prepared for that to happen.
- Re-mark requests must be submitted to the Exams Manager no later than 10 September.
- You must complete a Candidate consent form and return it with a cheque to cover the cost (cheques should be made payable to Devon County Council or DCC)
- A costs sheet and guidance will be supplied on Results Day
Certificates will be available to collect at the Achievers Celebration Evening (usually in November). A written invitation to this event will be sent home in October.
- Certificates not collected at the Celebration evening will be held by the school for a period of 12 months, before being destroyed.
- They can be collected from the School’s Reception during normal opening hours.
- Most Awarding Bodies will not issue replacements for lost certificates.
- Some Awarding Bodies will replace certificates which have been stolen or destroyed in a fire BUT they will require sight of a Police or Fire Department report before doing so.
- They will also charge a fee of approximately £45 for the issue of each replacement certificate.