We appreciate that it has been very hot over the past few days and this has made the working environment for students and staff difficult. To try to ensure students and staff are as comfortable as possible the following adjustments have been made:
- Students do not need to wear their jacket but they should have it in their bag.
- Ties can be removed and not worn by students but please ensure that ties are brought to school each day and we will review the situation on a daily basis.
- Top buttons on shirts can be undone.
- Windows and doors are open to allow the building to be as well ventilated as possible.
- Fans have been provided and in particularly hot areas of the school staff have been encouraged to relocate where possible.
- Students are encouraged to hydrate with plenty of water and to find shade when outside.
- Additional inside space has been made available at lunchtime so students can escape the heat/direct sun.
- Students have been allowed to go home in their PE kit if they had it lesson 5 & 6.
At the moment shorts are not part of our uniform but we will consult with students in the spring term next year about this. We are currently making adjustments to aspects of our uniform for September. Further information about these changes will be shared with students and parents over the next few weeks.