Can you claim?
Does your child qualify for an extra £900?
If your child receives free school meals, then Tiverton High School also receives £900 to ensure that they make the progress expected.
If you get any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
Follow this link www.devon.gov.uk/free_school_meals.htm if you think your child is entitled to free school meals