Yr10 & Yr9 Tetanus, Diphtheria & Polio and Meningitis vaccinations
Vaccinations for parents/carers who have consented to the year 9 and 10 Tetanus, Diptheria, Polio and Meningitis will being going ahead on Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 January 2021.
All parents/ carers who have consented should have received an email confirmation from the Immunisation Team will be going to parents/guardian inviting their children to attend at an allocated time slot for their vaccinations. Please note these will be taking place in the Sports Hall. If you have not received confirmation but gave consent please can we ask that you contact their team on 0300 247 0082.
Please could we also request that you follow the below advice that was included in the email sent by the team:
- Only one adult will be allowed to accompany your child to the entrance of the Clinic Room; you will not be able to go into the Clinic Room with your child.
- No other siblings/children should attend the venue if possible and should not leave the car.
- Your child is required to wear a face covering.
- Please do not attend the appointment with any Covid Symptoms, for example new cough, temperature over 37.8, loss of smell and taste, or if you or any of your household members have been instructed to self-isolate. Please call our team and cancel your appointment as soon as possible (Tel: 0300 247 0082).
- Please stay outside the venue or in your car until your appointment time. A member of the team will meet you at the entrance and escort your son/daughter to the clinic room. The nurses will be wearing PPE and will ask your child to sanitise their hands on their way in.
- Please ensure your child is wearing a t-shirt/loose top. The injection site is the top of their arm and this will ease access to that area.
- Please ensure that your child has had something to eat and drink prior to their appointment.
The appointment will take approx. 5 – 10 minutes and your child will be escorted to the exit following their immunisation where they will need a responsible adult to escort them home.
If your child is already in school on the day of the vaccination, a parent/responsible adult DOES NOT need to attend with them. The team will ask the school to bring your child to the immunisation venue at their allotted time.
Please note, this vaccination session is for DTP/MenACWY only. If your child is still due/outstanding their HPV dose 1 or 2, these will be scheduled later in the year either through the school or an immunisation clinic.
If you have any questions or need to change/cancel the appointment, please call us on our Single Point of Access (SPA) 0300 247 0082.