Have you looked at Tiverton Library for resources?
Tiverton Library has plenty of resources and support available during the current lockdown situation. This is their explanation of what’s available:
A range of free resources that all library members can access online:
- Download and stream free eBooks, eAudioBooks and eMagazines, with more than 3,500 titles on Overdrive (eBooks and eAudiobooks), including a range of ‘beginner reads’ for children in the early stages of learning to read, and 1,000 unlimited use eAudiobooks through RB Digital Devon or RB Digital Torbay
- A selection of eMagazines are available on RB Digital Devon or RB Digital Torbay
- A range of eAudiobooks via BorrowBox
- Online reference resources at Devon and Torbay Libraries including AncestryUK
- Fun online content and live streaming events via social media. Check out individual library Facebook pages for more information
Ensuring all children and families can access our online services
All children and families that already have library membership at one of our public libraries will automatically be able to access these services. If you want to try and ensure that ALL children in your school can access them we have arranged for a new way for schools to register children. Children can be individually registered by teachers on our Devon Libraries website or Torbay Libraries website . You can do this on the children’s behalf. For under 16s it will come up with a guarantor screen, but it is absolutely fine for teachers to act as guarantors and the school address can be input as the guarantor’s address. As soon as you have registered each child you will be issued with a number which will start UNREG – the child can then use this number straight away for our online services and get access immediately. You can register as many children as you like in this way, or you can pass these details on to families for them to register themselves. If anyone has any difficulty with this please do email us and we will do our best to help.
Summer Reading Challenge
At this time of year we would normally be arranging to come into schools to tell children all about this year’s Summer Reading Challenge. The Reading Agency are currently working on plans for how the Challenge will run this year bearing in mind that we do not yet know if libraries will be open in time for the summer. What we do know is that the Challenge will definitely be going ahead but probably mainly online, and that the theme will be ‘Silly Squad’ – an opportunity to get children reading lots of fantastic funny books! We will let you know more details when we have them.
Local events from Devon Libraries
We would like to invite all teachers, parents and carers to visit and ‘like’ our facebook page at https://en-gb.facebook.com/
Children that are signed up to our BookTrack scheme to read 100 books can continue BookTrack during lockdown by emailing us the details of books they have read and what they thought of them (emails to tiverton.library@